Thursday, August 19, 2010

CHECK THIS OUT!!

I am starting a new blog on gardening! 
I have ALWAYS wanted to have a garden but thought it was not possible living in downtown salt lake.
Upon further research I found that I CAN have a garden no matter where I live!

Q: Do I know about vegetable gardens? A: No, but I am learning, and this is what this blog is about!

Come check it out...And hey, you can all do it too!!!

Here are a few facts!!

For a culture facing serious health, environmental and economic troubles, there''s never been a better time to plant a few seeds in your own backyard.

What it can do for you?

1.Improve my family's health.
2.Save money on groceries.
3.Reduce OUR environmental impact.
4.Get outdoor exercise.
5.Enjoy better-tasting food.
6.Build a sense of pride.
7.Stop worrying about food safety.
8.Reduce food waste

Growing fruits and vegetables seems overwhelming to most people, but it’s actually much simpler than it sounds. (Plus you don’t have to trade in your suburban or urban lifestyle for a life in the sticks in the name of self-sufficiency or savings.) All you need is a few square feet of the great outdoors, a water source, and a little time. Your grandparents did it, and so can you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Such a cute cute idea!!!so fun